Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Embracing a Small Town


I really want to embrace living in a smaller town. I wouldn't exactly consider where we live as a "true" small town, but it's definitely smaller than where I came from. So I really want to feel apart of the community and that I'm taking advantage of all it has to offer. This week is the town festival, so there's lots of fun activities to do. Monday night we took Gavin to the Stock Parade. This is a parade where all of the horses that will be part in the rodeo, parade through the town and into the rodeo grounds. Gavin LOVES animals, particularly cows and horses. It was so fun. The entire time, Gavin kept neighing. He got so excited to see the horses and loved it. Then we ventured over to the little carnival where he rode his first ride all by himself. He went on this cute little car ride and was screaming with excitement the entire time. He LOVED it and Richard and I were obvious first time parents because we were just as excited as he was to watch him be so big and ride the ride alone!! Then we ate some tasty food and headed home. It was the perfect small town night. I loved the great sense of community friendship. It makes me happy to be where I am.


Something I don't like about where I live would be my neighbor's dog. They have a German Shepard who doesn't get taken care of as she should. The other day she (the dog) was out while the neighbor mowed his lawn. She wandered into my yard and got agitated by something, and came towards Gavin. I quickly picked him up and thank heavens I did because the dog bit me on the upper thigh. She only broke the skin in one place but left a pretty mean bruise. The neighbors assured me that they will be getting rid of the dog, but I'll believe that when I see it. Luckily the fence between our yards will be up soon!




And here is a cute picture of my little Gavin playing in the buff on his slide. He had just gotten out of the pool and had his swim diaper taken off when he escaped.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

I CANT believe the dog bit you!! You should seriously of called the cops. Gavin is so dang cute!
~sheri

Melinda said...

better get a BB gun to get revenge.

*Danette said...

Alli- I love that memory of us! I miss cruisin' in your jeep! Gavin is so sweet! I love those little baby buns!

Unknown said...

boy you have a cute family :)!!

~Your Sis!!!