Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Case of the Stinky Room Solved!!

For the last couple weeks I have felt that my scrapbooking room stinks. I kept telling Richard that it smelled bad and he kept saying that I think everything smells bad. I had been recently complaining of a stinky fridge too. Anyway, I was sure it wasn't just me and that the room actually smelled. I checked all the drawers wondering if a kid had a put a sippy cup in one and it was fermenting, but no luck. So the other night Richard was in there making a card for me for Valentines. He told me the next day that he agreed that the room did infact smell bad. By the way, I had sprayed it with Fabreeze dozens of times with no luck. So anyway this afternoon we decided to work together to find the cause of the stink. I was pretty sure it was centered in the closet. I checked bags and drawers and everything. Then I saw a bag of baby bottles and I smelled it. Yuck, that was it! Richard took the bag and moved the bottles and found five moldy onions at the bottom!!!!!!!!! My sister had given me the bag of bottles months ago and gave me the onions because she wouldn't be able to use them all. I had forgotten about the onions and put the bag in the closet upstairs, since I'm not currently in need of bottles. So HOORAY!!! I'm not crazy, there was a stinky smell and now it is gone!!!!! Life is good :)

1 comment:

Maranda said...

I'm glad you solved the mystery! I get so grossed out by moldy food. I've thrown nice tupperware away that had moldy food in it just so I wouldn't have to clean it.

Sounds like you had a nice Valentine's Day. Hope you and Gavin get better soon.