Monday, August 3, 2009

Finally a Minute to Blog

Life has been busy the last weeks and a half and I haven't found time to blog. But right now both boys are sleeping (I really should be too) and so I'll take a minute to write.
First ... coming home from the hospital. It was a bit of a traumatic experience all around. Gavin threw an enormous tantrum because he wanted to play with the camera. All we wanted was just a couple quick shots of going home and a picture of our little family. The picture speaks for itself about the whole experience. We made it though without any major incidence.


Skyler is very mild mannered. He is a great sleeper ... he only gets up once a night and has twice surprised us by sleeping through the night!! Gavin absolutely adores him and has become very protective. I'm hoping his feelings for Skyler don't change ... maybe I'll get lucky and he'll always love him.





Amazingly enough, the day after I came home I attended Richard's sisters wedding. It was an extra special event because Becca is the last one to marry and all eight siblings and spouses were there in the temple. I would have been the only one not there ... so with a tremendous amount of help from Richard we made it to the wedding. Thanks SO much to my sister and her family who came to the temple to take care of Skyler and Gavin while we were inside. It was well worth the effort to be there. We are so happy for Becca and excited to add Levi to the family. Both Gavin and Skyler were zonked at the reception and slept. We only stayed for about 20 minutes because I was so exhausted and still struggling with the baby blues ... plus the chairs hurt my bum :)



Lastly, Gavin and Skyler enjoyed their first bath together. Gavin was so happy to get to have tubby time with Skyler. Skyler didn't love the bath, but sure looked sweet and snuggly with his brother at the end of it all. Hope these pictures aren't too graphic. I'll try to find a modest one.

Next adventure ... off to Hawaii on Saturday!

7 comments:

Maranda said...

How cute are the two brothers taking a bath. I was so glad you made it to the wedding. I actually didn't realize my entire family was in the temple together until my dad said something....Pretty neat! Hope you guys have a great time in Hawaii. I'll be waiting to see pics posted.

Maranda said...

P.S. your blog looks fantastic!

Bethany, Scott, and family said...

So cute!! That is adorable. I hope my Lily is that excited whenever we have another little one. Have fun in Hawaii!!!

Rachel said...

I love all the new pics! Gavin looks so huge next to Skyler.... isn't it crazy how quickly they grow! Who knows how old Skyler will be when we see him again. Have fun and enjoy your trip.

Kris said...

Congrats on the adorable new baby! I'm impressed that you made it to Becca's wedding the day after getting home - talk about impressive. ( : I wish I was off to Hawaii...hopefully you'll finally be able to get a little R&R and enjoy your little boys.

natalie a said...

oh my goodness the boys look so adorable .... and richard is such a fun daddy! I still can't believe how amazing you looked at the wedding - you're amazing!

*Danette said...

He is just sweet! Glad to hear things are going well.