
So we heard this week that a local park is going to be demolished this week to make way for a new strip mall. I'm holding out for a Target and Costco! Anyway, anything in the park was up for grabs, anything! Chain link fences, park benches, playground equipment, decorative rocks and most importunately SOD! The only catch, you had to get it yourself and it was going like hot cakes! Monday we hurried over and rented a sod cutter. Richard talked his brother into working his afternoon and we went over and cut up sod. The park was almost nearly gone by the time we got there, but we did find a decent patch. Stealing sod is seriously hard work. We started at 2 in the afternoon and finally got all the sod to our house by 10:30 at night, despite two broken sod cutter, hords of mosquitos and a flat tire on a MAJORLY overloaded trailer. By Wednesday we had this ...



We didn't get enough to fill the whole yard, but a great start. Richard and his Dad worked long and hard. I'm so impressed.
5 comments:
yay and best of all it was FREE! Way to go and HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow! I hope you have a great day!
HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH....
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....
That is awesome! So did you have to punch people out over the best grass? "I got dibs on the cyclone fence!" Awesome.
Happy Birthday!
I miss you hope you have a great birthday and I hope you can come down in december, or november, or october.... or all three!
That is probably one of the best stories ever!
Alison and Richard - sod looks great! Hope you remembered to put sprinklers in before you put it down . . .
I love it! Way to be frugal.
Post a Comment