Friday, April 11, 2008

Gavins's 1st Time Out

I don't exactly think that time outs at this age are very effective but it seems that it might just be what we need to try. Gavin throws everything! I mean everything! I'm trying so hard to get him to understand that we throw balls and not cars and toys and food and silverware. I think it's pretty normal to throw things, but everything that comes into contact with his fingers ends up in the air. So tonight we went to Red Robin for dinner and Gavin was more interested in playing with the fork and the fries. We were letting him play so we could eat and then the throwing began ... first French fries, then the table advertisements, then DUCK! a fork, right at mommy's face. Luckily I caught a glimpse and dodged it. Richard was so frustrated so he made Gavin sit in his booster seat and face the wall of the booth. He did not like it. He got another time out tonight. He has to face the wall for 15 seconds. That seems like a pretty huge punishment for this little guy. Hopefully it starts to help. I'm open to suggestions!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I think time outs are a great way to get their attention. You don't want to be like the neighbor mom, screaming a lot! :)