Wednesday, April 2, 2008
I'm a Loser!
I can't believe what I did. I CRIED in class while giving a response!!! What a loser. I can't believe how lame I am. We watched a movie on the AIDS pandemic and it was very moving. At the end the teacher asked for responses and no one was saying anything. I'm not very good with awkward silences so I thought I would break the ice. I began to make a comment about how sometimes people might feel hardened at the idea of AIDS because it is contracted voluntarily (meaning unprotected sex and needles), but how it is important to remember that in many countries women are getting it from being raped and children are getting it from their mothers and as I began to talk about the women and children I all of a sudden got completely choked up and began crying. What an idiot. I was so embarrassed. I apologized for my emotions and gave the excuse that it must be the mother in me that can't bare to see children suffering. I'm a dope!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Loser isn't the right word...I think compassionate or loving or considerate or kind would be much more accurate.
Not a loser at all! I would have been crying right there with you. Seriously, I hope everyone in your class was touched by that or something is wrong with them. Your bleeding heart is what makes the world a better place.
You crack me up. You are not a loser. Some people need to see and hear a little compassion to feel it themselves.
No, I think I'll agree with you Allison...Loser pretty much sums it up! I'm totally kidding. You are so cute...How come I've never seen that kind of compassion. You've never cried for me! How many more classes do you have until you're done?
Post a Comment