Friday, June 8, 2007

Water Logged


We have been trying to get the house cleaned for our house guests and for Richards Graduation get together Saturday. I wanted to be helpful so I asked my mom where she would like me to start cleaning first. She said that what she needed most was to have her plants watered (she always jokes about how quickly she kills her indoor plants). So I got out the big water pitcher and proceeded to water the plants. I wasn't sure how much water to give them so I watered until it seemed they were no longer absorbing the water. I finished the plants in the family room and was working on the plants in the living room when I heard my dad say "Quick I need the turkey baister and a bowl" when I came to see what was going on I saw a big puddle of water under the plant in the family room ... oops! Then when I went back to finish watering in the living room there was an even bigger puddle of water on the beautiful white carpet! I had majorly water logged the plants and they were "peeing" all over the beautiful carpet. It took a whole roll of paper towel, a wet vack, carpet cleaner and an hour of work to repair the damage I had done. Good thing I offered to help, huh? My one act of "help" slowed the cleaning progress of the whole morning. Luckly I have fantastic parents who so lovingly came to my aid instead of getting mad! I'm so lucky to have such wonderful parents.


Later in the day I found Gavin with his cousins tights on his head ... he looked really cute!

4 comments:

Rin said...

I'm so glad you're blogging. I look forward to reading this everyday.

Rob Au said...

Just be glad it was plant pee... Plant poo! Now there's a smell you never want to experience... and lets not mention the stain. (You'll never be able to eat deli mustard again!)

Judy said...

No damage done!

The Au Family said...

Oooh...bummer! At least Gavin was happy though it all. I think that is a good look for him!