
Graduation Weekend has come and gone and now we are sitting back trying to take a breath from it all. I'll start with Friday and let me apologize first off for the lengthiness of this post! So back to Friday ... the Alumni Banquet was Friday. This is a black tie event that is the alumni welcoming the new graduates into their association. It was a wonderful night of food, awards and dancing. I was so looking forward to an amazing spread of food, but was very disappointed to find the main entree to be peking duck! I'm personally not a duck fan. So to make up for it I hit the dessert table hard! That definitely did not disappoint! We finished off the night dancing with some of our great friends! We had a wonderful time!
Saturday ... Wow, Saturday was an adventure! Richards Mom, Dad and sister Rachel were in town for the festivities so we wanted to do fun San Francisco things. We got tickets to go tour Alcatraz (my favorite city attraction!) for Sat morning. We got up to get ready that morning and found Gavin to be sick with a cold. Being a bad mother I decided to still go and bring Gavin. He did real well the first part, but while hustling to the boat we managed to drop the only binky we had with us! Not good, especially with a sick baby. We made it to the top of the rock and began the audio tour when Gavin lost it. He had had it with me. He was so tired and just wanted his binky. So I decided that I had done the tour enough times and I would take Gavin home and let everyone else enjoy the tour and not feel pressured by Gavin's crying. By the way he and I were covered in drool and snot from his little cold ... it was lovely. So with my diaper bag stuffed and heavy, blankets, car keys and screaming Gavin I headed back to the car. Luckily Gavin fell asleep in my arms on the way to the dock.
I rode the boat back and walked the six long blocks back to the car. When I got to the parking garage I began sifting through my diaper bag to find the parking stub which I had to have to get out. I had the contents of my bag all over the disgusting floor, Gavin hooked in my arm and tears running down my checks when I realized my parking stub was in the pocket of my sweater with Richard on Alcatraz! And I had no cell phone!!! So we went to the car and deposited all our stuff and luckily found the cell phone. Richard realized he had the ticket and had been trying to call me. So to make this story shorter and I headed over to pier 39 and waited with Gavin at a restaurant for them, then walked another 5 blocks to Safeway and bought a pack of binkies! Gavin was finally happy! We all meet back at the car with a happy baby and an exhausted mother! Richards mom said "It's too bad you didn't have a stroller with you to make it easier." STROLLER, DUH!!!!! It was sitting in the back of the car and in all of my stress I forgot about it! I could have saved my arms alot of work! Then we went for yummy burritos and then I headed home with baby. Richard and family drove around to do a little more site seeing. Richard was driving and was trying to make a left hand turn so he pulled into the far left lane of what he thought was a one way street ... not so! A car was coming right at him, so he pulled to the side let the car by and proceeded to turn left in an oncoming traffic lane. Well what do you know there was a police car sitting there watching this whole spectacular event! Lights on ... Richard got pulled over. The cop was pretty snippy with him, but through luck and letting the police man know his family was here for graduation he got off with a warning! Lucky day.
Saturday night we had a cheesecake party for Richard with lots of friends and family. It was so fun and we had a great turn out!
Sunday ... The Big Day! Richard looked so wonderful in his cap and gown. I have never felt more proud in my life! It was a wonderful ceremony. As each graduate crossed the stage the announcer said a few things about them and their picture shown on the screen above. He mentioned how Richards father and two brothers were dentists. Richards dad got to hood him and it was very special! Richard has worked so hard and is so deserving of his new title, Doctor! After there was a reception for everyone with delicious hors deuvres and desserts.
We were sad though that it was so crowded and crazy that we didn't really get to say a sufficient goodbye to our friends. We will miss our UOP family very much. After that we came home for a yummy dinner of cowboy spaghetti. I must give my sister a BIG thank you ... not only did she watch Gavin during the graduation (he was so sick he would have been miserable and I would have missed the whole thing taking care of him) but she also made a wonderful dinner for all of us!So, it has been one exciting weekend! I want to send my love to my amazing husband who has worked so hard to achieve what he has. He never ceases to amaze me! Gavin and I are so lucky to have him!
4 comments:
Wow, what a crazy weekend. Can't believe all the drama with the parking garage ticket and sick baby. Oh the memories!
I was so sad to have not seen you at any of the festivities. Good luck with the move and all the great new stuff! Keep in touch!
I love the picture of Richard and Gavin in their Caps! It was a great weekend!
Richard Said
I am so glad to be done with school. I will definately miss all of my friends that I have made over the last three years. I am excited to move on to the next stage with my wonderful and beautiful wife and adorable son. They have helped the time go by. I enjoy spending time together watching our family grow. It is amazing how much joy can be found within the family. Thank you Allison and Gavin I love you both so very much.
Richard
Congrats Richard! The picture of Richard and Gavin is priceless!
Post a Comment