Teething, oh teething! My little Gavman in getting his first two teeth. What a wonderful experience (if only you could hear my sarcasm). I probably shouldn't share this story and ruin your perfect perception of me, but hear goes anyway :) Yesterday was a challenge. Gavin screamed a good portion of the day and I was low on patience. By the time evening came Gavin was really out of control and I was trying to make dinner. Richard had to see an emergency at the end of the day and didn't get home till later, my dinner was not working at all and Gavin was screaming. Richard finally called and said he was on his way home and then 30 minutes later I called and he said, "Now I'm leaving." With real enthusiasm I said "YOU HAVEN"T LEFT YET?" When Richard got home I was freaking out about my stupid dinner not working so I abandoned the burritos! I turned the stove off, left everything sitting on the counter and went and got a pizza. By the time we got home with the pizza I was much better. We sat on the porch overlooking our weeds and enjoyed pizza and a diet coke. Now thats my idea of therapy!

I put this picture up to remind myself and anyone reading this to not worry ... we are a happy little family even though I flip out on occasion :)
3 comments:
Duke got six teeth in 3 weeks last month. I know how you feel.
Oh allison thank goodness everyday isnt like that! I have had many long screaming days...I really think mothers will have a special place in heaven.
sheri
Allison. We all have those day's. I put the kids in bed the other night an Left Cameron home with them for three hours and didn't tell him where I was going!!
Post a Comment