Sunday, July 19, 2009

39 Weeks


I'm just about to reach the finishing line of this pregnancy. Overall, it has been pretty easy minus 4 or 5 colds, one of which I'm just now getting over. This last stretch can be pretty miserable and had been going fine for me until the last few days. I got a cold last week, no fun. Then I tried to self induce myself and drank 4 tablespoons of castor oil mixed with sunny D. YUCK! It tasted like tapioca sunny D. Sadly I did not go into labor, I just made myself sick all night long! Then the next morning I was feeling a bit better so I went to my dental appointment to get my teeth bleached (don't worry ... obgyn approved). Bleaching makes teeth pretty sensitive, so I was feeling a bit miserable after a sick night and then having sensitive teeth. Next day I was feeling better so I thought I would try the castor oil again, but in a smaller dose. Part of the induction technique is to take a brisk walk after the castor oil. So last night, Richard, Gavin and I went for a walk. We were walking nice and briskly when I stepped on a rock and rolled my ankle pretty badly. I managed to walk it off and continue with the walk. Then through the night it just got worse and worse. So I'm pretty positive it's sprained. Richard brought me home from church early today and I've been ice it and relaxing. As if 39 weeks isn't hard enough ... it's hard to move and add a sprained ankle. My attempt at staying positive is dwindling! But I'm trying to keep smiling.

No comments: