Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Sounds of Summer


I love the sounds and smells of summer! A couple weeks ago Gavin started swimming lessons. We are doing Mommy and Me swimming. He doesn't exactly like to do what the class is doing. He just wants to lay on his belly and kick his feet. The other thing he wantes to do is to go down the slide (which is only once a week and I am too pregnant to take him, so my sister or Richard has done it) or jump off the side of the pool. We are registered for another series that started this week, but I have been too worn out to take him. Shame on me! Anyway, back to the summer smells and sounds ... I LOVE the smell of chlorine! Going to the pool and smelling like chlorine is makes me feel so light hearted and happy. Then the other day when we came home from swimming we heard a classic summer sound ... the ice cream truck! I remember as a child the extreme excitement I would feel as soon as I heard the ice cream truck coming. I would scramble into the house and search for coin jars and collect as many quarters as possible! I thought it would be fun for Gavin and I to get an ice cream from the truck to usher in the summer. He loved the Batman ice cream cone I got him. It was such a happy afternoon and I loved the sense of excitement that came with it.
Gavin loved having his daddy take him to swimming lessons on his day off. We also enjoyed a morning at the park together as a family. Gavin is getting so good at the slides and ladders that I get to just sit and watch him. It makes the park much more relaxing and enjoyable! I love these lazy summer days!
Happy Summer!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: