


Today did not start out great. I was on my way to my Nana's house (going a way I never go) when a suburban started riding my tail. I was driving the speed limit and taking it slow so Gavin could have a longer nap. Finally after a long distance of tailing I speed up to get her to leave me alone. Just as I did I entered a reduced speed zone and passed a motorcycle cop just waiting to pounce. I tried to be so nice and not complain or be rude but my kindness did not pay off. He gave me a ticket. My first ticket ever! It put me in such a funk. Well, luckly the weather was great and the pool was the perfect temperature. I loved swimming! Gavin was really good too. After the ticket it was a perfect day! I love Nana's yard. It's like a little heaven on earth. It is so peaceful and relaxing! It's just what I needed today. I feel a little guilty though because I have spent the last 3 days lounging by the pool. I feel bad that Richard is at school and I'm loving the sun. I have decided though that I am definatly cut out for the job of stay at home mom. It is wonderful and I love it.
4 comments:
You make me jealous...lounging by the pool :) I'm glad you love mommyhood so much....or as Jessie's sister calls it; smotherhood. I love that you have a blog and I get to see pics of Gavin all the time...he's such a smiley and happy baby.
That really sucks about the ticket. It's always random times like that where you just happen to speed up when you get the ticket. All 14 of my tickets have not been deserved...when I really deserve to get pulled over I don't. ;)
My two tickets weren't deserved either! That guy had no business being in the crosswalk. I tried to explain to the officer he was supposed to yield to me... it's dangerous for pedestrians to.... well, he did agree on my interpretation of the law. And my second! Nevada... need I say more! Who doesn't get a ticket in Nevada?! I had a buddy who got one because his car was no a legal Nevada color! Seriously!... well maybe not that last one. I want to go to Nana's... all we can do here is stand on our three foot by five foot patch of grass and turn on the sprinklers! Can't really move... but at least you get to enjoy the feeling of LA irrigation water! Mmmmmmmm.
I just read over my post.... Hahahaha... I sound like "I don speek anglish to goud!"
poor allison! I hate cops!
But Gavin is a smiley boy! I wish we could hang out more :(
sheri
Post a Comment