
I must start by saying I am an unconfident mother. When I had Gavin I opted not to read any parent how to books because most of them demand a strict schedule. I tend to be a non flexible person and I feared that if I put Gavin on a strict schedule it would make me crazy when things needed to deviate. So I became a mother with no idea of what to do and the mindset to just go with the flow. Gavin is not a good sleeper. He has been going with out eating at night since he was nine weeks old, but he wakes often. The other night I got up 5 times to soothe him back to sleep. So last night he wouldn't go to bed without a fight so Richard and I decided to let him cry himself to sleep. I'm pleased to say it only took him 12 minutes! He woke again later and it only 4 minutes. I would tell you how the rest of the night went, but I'm not sure. We turned on the monitor but kept it low ... too low. I woke up this morning at 7:00 am, not to Gavin (who was crying) but to a knock on the door. So hopefully he didn't cry too much. But whatever happened he is his normal cheery self this morning!!!!!
1 comment:
YAY! I am so glad you got a good nights sleep!! I put Connor in the pack & Play and he slept until after 7! It was nice to sleep....ah sleep. It was great to talk to you last night..
sheri
Post a Comment